Sunday 20 November 2011

OUR CAREER PATH CHOICE (Session 5)

This is when we begin to research into our career pathway, we need to use various sources to research the career path that we may choose. The research will be based on jobs in the following sectors, Human resource management, Marketing, Finance and Management.

We need to research job advertisement in our chosen path, which in my case will be Human Resource Management.

Knowing my career path already, I used the following website http://hr-jobs.peoplemanagement.co.uk/jobs/ and http://www.personneltoday.com/Home/, in doing my research. I focused more on the job description and the person specification in each job advertisement. This is when the hard work began and after going through several HR jobs advertisement I was able to identify the education and attainment, experience and skills, and competences required. I also gain more knowledge on human resource management industry as a whole, their various roles, areas and their job description.

This gives me a broader knowledge on my chosen career path, how to work towards meeting the requirements and  what employers are offering to successful candidates.

No comments:

Post a Comment