Saturday 12 May 2012

Semester 2 Week 1


This session was all about Literature reviews, we compared, contrast, judged and analysed several literature reviews in this session. The purpose of a literature review is to describe the work that has been reported on a subject or field. In this session I understood that a literature review goes beyond the search for information and includes the identification and articulation of relationships between the literature and your field of research.
We critically analysed various literature reviews  in a view to improve our critical analysis and to understand the whole concept. 

At the end of the session, I identified that the purpose of literature review is not only to describe a secondary data. It demonstrates an individual’s ability to identify the significant information and sketch existing knowledge. It helps fill in the gap in the research that the work will address, and generates rationale or justification for the study. In other words the main purpose of a literature review is to demonstrate the scholarly capacity, identify information, and outline the presented knowledge (Marchi 2009).
This activity helped me deal with many difficulties I encountered during my research project and this has really helped me developed my research skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment